We have officially entered the third trimester. Had another Dr.
appt last night, all is well with baby. He is pretty big - the Dr. estimates about 4-5 ounces larger that expected. Hopefully, that will slow down. This fact makes me nervous because Casey and I have always been suspicious of the due date, we thought we were going to be do in early to mid December. The Dr. insists that it is 12/21 though because of the early 8 week ultrasound we had done. Apparently, the earlier the ultrasound date the more accurate the due date it can provide. I guess we will just have to be ready and then wait and see. Gestational diabetes test came back negative, received the
Rhogam shot and gave a ton of blood for all the other misc. tests they run on you. Sometimes I think they take blood just to do it....practice for the lab techs or something. In three weeks I will get scanned again for placenta
previa. If it still exists then we will talk "restrictions"...I am not sure what exactly that means but I informed her I would not be doing any kind of bed rest. I am totally not ready for a long term sub yet.
Braxton Hicks contractions have started, nothing serious, just on and off throughout the day. Cooper is ready to meet his brother. He kisses him every night and gives him raspberries. He said to Casey and I, "Me love my brother." I hope that holds true when the little guy arrives! He knows that his brother is coming when Santa comes and that seems to be helping him to understand this whole process a little better. I am excited to see the two of them together.
No comments:
Post a Comment